November Social Media: Tips & Tricks
Social Media planning can sometimes be a little hard, but this is why we provide a Social Media Calendar for you to help strategize your social!
The month of November has a few items to help drive your business, and gain more reach. Check out the specific notes on these dates from the Social Media Calendar!
If you aren't getting the Social Media Calendar, download it here!
November 1st: Thankful for You Giveaway Promotion
Do you have a friend, family member, neighbor, or coworker that you want to thank? Tell us about this amazing person, and they’ll be entered to win a FREE Thankful for You set-up. Our Thankful for You set-ups include a fun grateful themed display, a special note from YOU, and a fun treat too! (mini-pie; pumpkin or apple).
Comments close: 11/8/21 – winner announced 11/9/21
*Local Delivery Only
**Cannot be combined with any other discount or used on a current order.
Feel free to use these setup photos for your giveaway. Click on them to get the high resolution photos!
November 4th: Thankful Thursday
Share this gratitude image and post a picture of what you decided to do to show gratitude today.
Ask your followers to share pictures of how they are showing gratitude this month.
November 7th: Daylight Savings Time
Post a meme about Daylight Savings Time.
November 11th: Veterans Day
- Since 1775 brave men and women have stood in defense of freedom and liberty. The United States was formed through the diligent efforts of volunteers who believed independence is a right worth fighting and dying for. Throughout the year we have the opportunity to honor the dedication of military members, the service of veterans, and the sacrifice of those who never returned home. November 11th, we honor the generations of Service Members who followed in the Revolutionary footsteps of the Soldiers who went before them. Let us never forget the weight of service on every individual who has worn the uniform, and that of their families who support them.
- Post in your neighborhood social groups.
- Looking to bless Veterans in our neighborhood this week! Please comment below if you or someone you know is a Veteran who lives in _______ neighborhood, and what branch they served in.
- Put up mini displays in the Veterans yards throughout your neighborhood for FREE
November 13th: World Kindness Day
- Set up a Kindness display in your yard, at your kid’s school, in your neighborhood, at a local business, etc. Make sure to ask for permission.
Photo Credit: Cameron Ashley @ Tally Yard Cards
November 17th: Your Story-Favorite Yard Card Story
- GO LIVE with your favorite yard card story-whatever you decide to share just be authentic and true to you. Your customers and followers want to get to know you and being personable will increase engagement on your pages.
- Maybe it was a sentimental yard card such as a special milestone birthday or anniversary. Perhaps it was a Memorial display that touched your heart. What about a display during COVID that was ordered from a family member that couldn’t be there to celebrate with their loved one?
- Share a funny yard card story about something that happened during a set-up. Did the sprinklers come on mid set-up and leave you scrambling to finish? Did you get caught on a ring camera tripping over a stump in the yard or slipping on ice?
- PRO TIP: Include your family and/or pets in your videos. You will get more likes and comments.
November 23rd: Your Story-Share your Thanksgiving Traditions
November 27th: Small Business Saturday
- Small Business Saturday is an annual holiday that celebrates small businesses and encourages consumers to shop locally at the start of the holiday shopping season. The holiday aids small businesses by drawing attention to their importance in our economy.
- Contact local businesses to see if they have any specials or events happening for Small Business Saturday. Share a list of GREAT deals and fun things to do near you.
- Consider partnering with another small business to offer a display for their sale or event in return for a shout out on their social page. Don’t forget to tag them on yours as well.
November 30th: Giving Tuesday
- Donate to an organization that you are involved with or passionate about and encourage your customers to donate as well. Make sure to tag the non-profit on social.
- Find a volunteer opportunity, participate, post a picture, and share on your page. Here are some great ideas to get you started.
- Serving meals at a homeless shelter
- Packaging food at your local food bank
- Put together bags to give out to homeless people (zip lock with socks, gloves, toiletries, granola bars, bottled water, $2, etc.)
- Adopt a family for Christmas
- Donate winter clothing to a shelter
- Organize a canned food drive
- Give away a FREE Yard Card
- Tag your favorite local non-profit to be entered to win a FREE Yard Card.
Post a video or GO LIVE of you or your kiddos drawing the winner and announce it on your social.
*Local Delivery Only
** Cannot be combined with any other discount or used on a current order.
Hopefully you have found some of this more elaborate explanations helpful to you, and you see some success from the execution! Feel free to message us if you have any questions or comments!
|Shop the Store Now →|